Tuesday, July 31, 2007

All in all.

Hello everyone. I would first like to apologize here and now for my lack of posts and to be my own advocate for a moment say that I have been busy planning a three week trip around the country and consequently quiting my job for the past few weeks, so posting has been kind of on the back burner. I will officially be back from my trip about mid-August, but until then might I suggest checking out avant hip-hop/lo-fi/Bible-spewing Soul-Junk's website/blog. If you are not familiar with what is primarily Glen "Galaxy" Galloway's musical monster check out this fairly recent interview. His blog portion is updated daily with either a spiritual musing, a piece of art or a song. A good majority of the songs posted incidentally happen to be from Galloway's newest Soul-Junk outing of recording the entire Bible. That's right. The ENTIRE Bible over choppy, psychedelic, hip-hop awesomeness. Could it get any better? I think that tops even the James Earl Jones version. The first installment is 1959 and is out now on Quiver Society. Well worth your time. I will leave you with cuts from 1958 and 1956 albums.

Soul-Junk-How We Flow
Soul-Junk-Brougham

No comments: