Friday, June 29, 2007

This is Animal Music

I could describe Tallahassee's Look Mexico in a number of different ways. I could say that they are like a more uppity and energetic American Football. I could describe their guitar parts as being angular and melodic, a bit like Minus the Bear. I could go hopping off the walls and say they somehow remind me of The Marshall Tucker band with the way their songs feel like they were all slowly deep-fried and put onto a paper plate with a big hunk of watermelon. But the truth is that they are all of these things and none of these things all at once. They encompass a unique arena of southern-gentleman indie rock that is all their own. They also happen to be purveyors of fine cutoff shorts, most noticable when they play live. Their new album released on Lujo Records entitled This is Animal Music is quite the tasty surprise. Great music for the middle of summer and the aforementioned paper plates and watermelons.

Look Mexico-Done and Done
Look Mexico-You Ever Get Punched In The Face For Talking Too Much?

1 comment:

We Sail Today said...

Issac, I like how you write.