Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Visit me in my mountain home.


Chicago's Baby Teeth are quite the conundrum to try to describe or classify. I think the closest that I can come up with to paint a picture of their sound would be a a giant rock-n-roll-grilled-cheese-sandwhich, and I mean that in the most endearing way possible. They keep it grooving with some of the most rockin' bass lines available for your speakers and they don't shy away from songwriting tools that would make mere pop bands cringe, like unashamedly dramatic string lines and lyrics like, "Visit me in my mountain home/ impossible to find." Their new album, The Simp is available now and it is the perfect thing to toss on the next time you feel like shakin' it and/or wearing polyester.


Baby Teeth-Prove It on the Stage
Baby Teeth-Looking for a Road

No comments: